Monday, March 12, 2012

Kids storage boxes made out of paper box


we always buy lot of stuff for kids. We wish/.want to store all the memories around them. However sometimes we spend a lot of money on something which we feel can be a fun art project at home with kids. This weekend, as we had a little time, I planned to do some stuff for kids at home along with them. This way I can customize it according to my needs, make them decorated  the way kids want it and voila... here goes one fun thing at home. Made totally from materials at home/office. We are currently storing my kids preschool stuff, his art work and writing and my girl's art work inside it (she does not go to preschool yet :) ) Here goes the story on how I did it:

My husband got couple of the paper boxes, which are generally lying around at work - to be recycled or to be trashed. We had a little Flouroscent construction paper and lot of gift wrapping stuff lying around in home. Instead of storing kids art work and their writing in a box or something which we do not even touch nor the kids will have any idea of how to open or to do with it, I just wrapped around gift wrap around this boxes to make it look fancy.

 First I created for my son, by giving him choice to pick up the color of gift wrap. Once the box is ready, I asked him to write his name on it. He felt very happy with it and I am planning to make him write draw stuff on top according to the items stored in it, that way we all know what is inside in it.
 A similar one made for my daughter below, from her choice of giftwrap.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails