Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
There are some old myths regarding pregnancy. Although I would not suggest that all of these would happen or likely to happen with everybody, but I do see and experiance some of them. So I thought why not I share it with you. Again these are just old myths. Please do not take them to heart.
- Its common to have bad memory in pregnancy. Keep a pen and paper handy to note things down, when you remember.
- Take lamaze classes/learn breathing techniques which help you in labor.
- If you have Nausea or moring sickness try something sour like dried amla (without salt preferred) or lemon. It helps reduce the morning sickness and through up feeling a lot.
If you are pregnant and your due date is nearing, then watch out for the following symptoms:
- If you have an urge to clean, then looks like your due date is really close by. This urge to clean is also called "nesting" in some places. Prepare for it.
- Take lamaze classes/learn breathing techniques which help you in labor. These breathing techniques learnt will be helpful to divert your mind while labor.
After Delivery of the baby:
- Keep yourself warm all the times, which will help mother to get more milk for the child.
- Some doctors say that, if you feed the baby totally using breastfeeding then you can get back to your shape within one month.
- Drinking more water daily increases the quantity of breast milk.
- Peanuts or any good iron content food increases the quality of the breast milk (ex: Thick milk instead of milk like 1% ).
I shall keep updating this post as and when I remember things.